Phonics Under the Big Top is a fun, interactive and exciting phonics program that introduces children to the 42 phonemes (letter sounds) of the English language. Children are provided with the opportunity to play lots of colourful, graded games that teach and reinforce the phonemes (letter sounds) of our English language.
- Listen to the correct pronunciation of each phoneme
- Follow the arrows inside each letter to practise correct letter formation skills
- Explore the sounds heard at the beginning of words
- Progress onto the harder skill of locating the final letter sounds heard in words
- Learn how to write many words by combining the phonemes (letter sounds) as they are introduced through the program
Phonics Under the Big Top iPad and Android App adopts a synthetic approach to learning phonics. This is the current method of phonics teaching being used throughout the world! Each phoneme is taught using a basic code of phonics. The children are shown the most common way each phoneme appears in a word. Phonics Under the Big Top has been written by a phonics expert from the Jolly Discoveries literacy teaching team.
Phonics Under The Big Top App is designed and developed in Australia by the team at mobiDdiction.